Instructions for Authors
Ostium is published quarterly in March, June, September and December.
The deadline for submitting articles is always the first week in February, May, August and November. The article submitted by deadline doesn’t necessarily have to be published in the earliest possible issue of the journal.
Articles are anonymously peer-reviewed by two reviewers at least. The content of papers must meet scientific and stylistic criteria. The Editorial team reserves the right not to publish any article on the grounds of a reviewer’s references, and reserves the right to edit received texts. Articles are accepted in Slovak and Czech language (in the case of foreign authors: in English, German and French language). The content of scientific studies includes English, German or French abstracts, keywords, a list of full bibliographical references and contact information about the author. In the case of book reviews, please add full citations of the reviewed work.
Please, edit articles according to the following criteria:
1) The title of an article must be accurate, meaningful and it must correspond to the content.
2) The name/s and surname/s of author/s (without academic degrees) is first located under the article’s title.
3) If we consider scientific studies, there must be attached the article’s title, abstract and keywords in English, German or French language (ca. 150 words).
4) The length of an article is 36.000 characters including spaces and footnotes.The editorial team may accept longer papers in specific cases.
5) The elaboration of the topic must follow standard requests for a scientific paper or for literature (depending on the category and section in the journal).
6) For bibliographical references, follow norm ISO 690 or the way used in published articles in the journal. For citation of ancient or classical authors, use standard forms of references (for example, see PORUBJAK, M. – VYDRA, A.: Zoznam skratiek vybraných antických autorov a ich diel. In: Ostium, Vol. 4, 2008, No. 3).
7) Contact information about the author is necessary and it is located at the end of the paper by the following form: name and surname with degrees; department or institution (and its address). The E-mail is published only with permission of the author.
8) Articles are received only in the electronic formats DOC or RTF without special graphical and typographical edits.
9) Illustrations, photographs, graphs or tables must be attached as separate JPG files (do not put illustrations or graphs into the article).
10) An alphabetical list of references is situated at the end of article.
Articles will be published in the format HTML. A PDF, ePub and MOBI version of documents will be prepared to download at the beginning of papers.
Please, send your articles to the editorial E-mail: email@example.com.
Download the recommended example of a manuscript: